2016 really seemed like it passed by in a flash! Where did the year go lol. But honestly, looking back, I think 2016 has been a rather good year. I:
- Started full time work in Habitat for Humanity Singapore. This is probably the highlight of my 2016. My first full time job! And I think I’m really really fortunate and blessed to be doing something I enjoy and also to have such awesome coworkers! And come February, I’ll have worked here for a whole year! Crazy lol. It really feels like I only just started work yesterday.
- Taught in Sunday School. Honestly still terrified of teaching hahaha. Am always afraid that I’d say/teach the wrong thing, or that my lessons won’t be interesting enough for the kids. But I’m so thankful for encouraging co-teachers, and that though some of the kids may be quite a handful, they’re honestly all really sweet and fun kids to be with! Thankful for the opportunity to teach them!
- Walked alongside 2 new-ish girls in Youth. It was really quite challenging at times because of my (and their) introvertedness. Also, same as above, afraid of saying/teaching the wrong thing to them. My prayer is that I’ll be able to break down walls (both mine and theirs) and walk closer with them 🙂
- Went on multiple holidays with family and friends! There was Hong Kong with the Melbourne gang in January, Hainan homecoming (homegoing? LOL) in March with the family, My first house building (Batam Build) project in June, Malaysia with the parents in September, Australia with the cousins in November, Church camp in Malaysia in December, and a final Malaysian getaway with the parents and godparents to end 2016! That’s like a holiday every 2-3 months hahaha! No wonder my leave ran out so fast!
- Decided I needed to keep fit and exercise, so I started going to the gym to work out! Though every single time I go I wonder why I’m torturing myself like that LOL! But I’m thankful for a good trainer who always encourages me and never lets me give up!
- Also decided to start learning the Guzheng again after 8 years! Took my grade 5 exam in December (while feeling super unprepared!) and passed with Merit LOL. That was a nice surprise because apparently the examiner was super strict, and I really thought I’d fail lol.
Yup that about sums up my 2016. There were many other things too of course. I feel like I’ve done so much is this past year and I’m so grateful to be able to do so!
So, goodbye 2016. And hello 2017.
Please continue to be good to me 🙂